RustSeal is an incredible, single-component, ready-to-use, high solids content, rust preventive coating and stop rust paint with insane sealing properties.
No other brand is tougher on rust! Using premium quality materials and advanced color formulations, this high tech performance coating is the present-day answer for 21st century rust protection.
RustSeal is the most permanent cost-effective solution for stopping rust and corrosion anyplace where it is a problem: home, automotive, industry, fleet, farm & more!
Unlike other corrosion treatments, RustSeal is an enhancement that lasts.
Water and air are locked out, therefore oxidation, the precursor to rust, cannot take hold.
It’s technology that’s unbeatable! Satisfaction guaranteed!
Click HERE to Get Answers To Your Questions
- High surface tolerance for many different types of applications.
- Apply directly over treated rust.
- Single component formula.
- High solids content. Ideal for Equipment and Machinery.
- Widest variety of non-porous color formulas.
- Combines with atmospheric moisture to cure.
- Excellent surface penetration and adhesion.
- Incredible adhesion to prepped bare metal (ferrous and non-ferrous) surfaces and prepped galvanized surfaces.
- Forms permanent non-porous barrier against moisture and oxygen.
- Waterproof coating strengthened by repeated exposure to moisture.
- Provides substancially better Rust Protection when compared to Zinc Primers and Zinc-Rich Primers.
- High abrasion and chemical resistance.
- Repels fuels, oils, most acids & alkalis, and graffiti.
- Will not crack, flake or peel.
- Withstands temps up to 600°F (316°C).
- Brush, roll or spray application.
- Superior flow and leveling.
- Flexible coating allowing expansion and contraction.
- Compatible with all paint systems.
- Mold and mildew resistant
- VOC compliant.
- Shelf-Life: At least 2 years unopened. Always store in a cool dry place and mix well after opening.
*Click HERE for more information on which color of RustSeal you should use. NOTE: Some colors of RustSeal are only available in select sizes.
Gloss Levels: Galvanized (30%), Satin Black (70-75%), Gloss Black (85-95%), Other Colors (75-85%)
Note: RustSeal is not intended for use as a final finish. Repeated or prolonged exposure to direct UV light will cause cosmetic alteration to its color and sheen. RustSeal’s guaranteed rust protective properties, however, will not degrade. In areas not exposed to direct UV light, like the underside of a car, RustSeal will seal as well as serve as a great looking final finish. To protect against unwanted cosmetic changes, topcoat RustSeal with any opaque (solid color) paint system. Please note that a clear topcoat cannot provide the needed UV protection. Choose the closest color associated RustSeal primer to compliment your topcoat and protect against potential visible surface chips.
Click HERE to Get Answers To Your Questions
Automotive: chassis • floor pans • wheel wells fenders • trunks • engines • suspension parts • axles • roof drains • springs • doors • almost every part on a car except the exhaust!
Marine: engine rooms • hulls • masts • bilges • heat exchangers • decks • chain lockers • pumps • fuel tanks • boat trailers
Industrial: heavy transport • steam pipes • sealing concrete • air conditioning repair • fiberglass repair • re-bar coating • steel roof • fuel & waste-water treatment tanks
Household: hand rails • support beams • lawn equipment • garage floors • pipe work • appliances • lead-based paint encapsulation
Theoretical coverage at 2 mils dry film thickness is 400 sq.ft. per gallon.
Recommended thickness of at least 4-5 mils dry film thickness requires at least two full coats.
For marine type applications or applications where the surface is consistently exposed to water, at least three coats is recommended.
Material losses during mixing and application will vary and must be taken into consideration. Please expect up to 30-40% less coverage on bare wood, rough, or sandblasted surfaces.
- 8oz of RustSeal will cover 12.5 sq. ft. with 2 coats.
- A Pint of RustSeal will cover 25 sq. ft. with 2 coats.
- A Quart of RustSeal will cover 50 sq. ft. with 2 coats.
- A Gallon of RustSeal will cover 200 sq. ft. with 2 coats.
- A 5 Gallon Pail of RustSeal will cover 1000 sq. ft. with 2 coats.
👉 How to Stop Rust and Prevent Rust
👉 RustSeal - Showing the Insane Durability and Flexibility of this Rust Preventive Paint
👉 Stacey David Video: Rust Prevention Products Used To Stop and Prevent Rust on Car Surfaces
👉 Video: Lawnmower Deck Rust Removal and Painting with RustSeal
👉 RustSeal Rust Prevention Formulation Keeps KBS Coatings as the Leader of the Pack
👉 How To Prepare Metal Before Body Work To Prevent Future Rust
Watch Sam Memmolo use The KBS 3 Step Rust Prevention System to coat a rusty frame.
Check out how we use The KBS 3 Step Rust Prevention System to fix some rust spots on the bottom of our car doors.
Click HERE to Find Answers To Your Questions