- Formulated to Apply Directly Over Other Coatings or Direct To Metal (DTM)!
- Permanent high solids (over 60%) and low VOC's Clear Coat.
- Ideal for Direct To Metal (DTM) applications - No Additives Needed!
- A Moisture Cured Urethane which is an advanced coatings technology offering durability, flexibility, corrosion and chemical resistance.
- Apply directly to Painted Surfaces with Minimal Surface Prep.
- Incredibly tough and hard like no other clear coat on the market.
- Water clear high gloss clear coat remains permanently flexible and is able to perform in the toughest environments without yellowing, cracking or peeling.
- Can be applied with a brush (without leaving any brush marks), roller and conventional spray gun.
- Unlike normal two part (2K) coatings, no hardener is needed. You can just stir well and go. DiamondFinish ClearCoat will cure without heat or UV lights in temperatures from 50° to 86° Fahrenheit.
- Can be applied directly to a cured Automotive basecoat, Standard solid color paints, and Single Part (1K) or Two Part (2K) paints. It can also be applied to Non-Ferrous metals including Aluminum, Alloys, Brass, Chrome and Copper.
- Able to withstand the harshest of chemicals including fuels, solvents, Battery acid, Brake fluid, Ethanol, Methanol, MEK, Hydrochloric Acid, Fertilizers, and Acetone.
- Graffiti Resistant: because of its chemical resistance, graffiti just won't stick and can be removed simply with a solvent soaked rag.
- Great for high temperature automotive applications including the use on cylinder heads, engine blocks, brake components and even inlet manifolds, without yellowing up to 300° Fahrenheit.
- Over 60% Solids which Means Ultra Durability
- Direct To Metal Application - No Additives Needed
- Ideal Clear Coat for Fiberglass Surface and Carbon Fiber Surfaces.
- Apply Directly to Painted Surfaces
- Single Part Formula
- Tougher, Harder and Easier To Use than 2 Part (2K) Clear Coats
- Seals and Coats both Paints & Metals
- Self Leveling (No Brush Marks)
- Simple Brush, Spray or Roll Application
- Permanent UV Stability - Does Not Yellow or Fade
- High Chemical Resistance (including some fuels)
- High Temperature resistance (300F) suitable for Motors and Brake Calipers
- Once fully cured, DiamondFinish Clear is 100% non-toxic.
- Graffiti Proof
- Re-coat in 1-2 hours
- Seals Ferrous and Non-Ferrous metals
- Protecting steel and plastic bumpers paint work.
- Ideal for clear coating Fishing Lures and Crankbaits
- Automotive aluminum fitting, fuel tanks and parts.
- Protecting existing paint work from physical damage.
- Stopping chemical attack from acids and alkalis on existing paint work.
- Protecting paint work from all fuels.
- Ideal for clear coating Tumblers.
- Ideal for clear coating custom Coasters.
- Used by Boaters to Revitalize Clear Coat on Fiberglass Boats - Boat Bottoms and Boat Topsides.
- Excellent Clear Coat to Clear Coat Aluminum John Boats.
- Graffiti Protection.
- Custom Automotive Refinish.
- Marine internal and external Refinish.
Theoretical coverage at one mil (25 µm) is 400 sq.ft. per gallon/9.8 m² per liter. Recommended thickness of at least two mils (50 µm) would require at least two full coats. At least three coats recommended for marine applications. Material losses during mixing and application will vary and must be taken into consideration. Please expect up to 50% less coverage on bare wood, rough or sandblasted surfaces.
- 4oz of DiamondFinish Clear should cover 12.5 sq. ft. single coat coverage.
- Pint of DiamondFinish Clear should cover 50 sq. ft. single coat coverage.
- Quart of DiamondFinish Clear should cover 100 sq. ft. single coat coverage.
- Gallon of DiamondFinish Clear should cover 400 sq. ft. single coat coverage.
- 5 Gallon Pail of DiamondFinish Clear should cover 2000 sq. ft. single coat coverage.
DiamondFinish Clear - Showing the Insane Durability and Flexibility of this Clear Coat
DiamondFinish Clear is a 1K Clear Coat that Lays Out Like Glass
DiamondFinish Clear is a 1K Clear Coat that is the Preferred Clear Coat of Fishing Lure Makers!
Watch as an oxidized fiberglass boat is easily cleaned up using KBS Klean getting the surface ready to clear coat
the oxidized fiberglass with DiamondFinish Clear from KBS Coatings.
Watch as an oxidized fiberglass boat is easily clear coated using DiamondFinish Clear from KBS Coatings.
Q: Can this clear coat be used over laquer and enamel paint?
A: Yes, DiamondFinish Clear can be applied over fully cured lacquer or enamel paints.
Q: What is the recommendation for wet sanding and buffing times?
A: DiamondFinish Clear can be cut and polished as a normal Clear Coat after 24 hours under normal conditions.
Q: Can you use Diamondfinish Clear Coat on 1986 fiberglass Bass boat top plate? Has been wet sanded.
A: Yes. Wipe the fiberglass surface down with KBS Klean. Allow to dry. Then apply the DiamondFinish Clear. It would be best to apply 2-3 coats for a marine application.
Q: Does the clean diamond finish clear coat come in a matte or satin finish?
A: At this time, the DiamondFinish Clear comes in a Gloss Finish. However, you can lightly sand the DiamondFinish Clear with steel wool after 24 hours to knock down the sheen.
Q: Can diamond finish clear be used over rust seal? I'm looking to use rust seal as a color base coat on some automotive components (steering rack, transmission, differential...etc) and use clear to provide the UV protective layer/topcoat
A: We do not recommend putting DiamondFinish Clear over RustSeal because although DiamondFinish Clear is absolutely UV stable, DiamondFinish Clear does not block the UV rays from getting through to the RustSeal. Over an extended period of time, DiamondFinish Clear can delaminate from RustSeal when exposed to prolonged sunlight.
We always recommend a solid color UV stable top coat paint (such as BlackTop or KBS Maxx) over RustSeal if RustSeal will be exposed to sunlight.
Q: Does it work over wood?
Yes, the DiamondFinish Clear is used over wood all the time and that is an ideal application. Check out the complete directions
for more application information.
Q: Can Diamond Clear be thinned for spraying?
And what do you thin it with.
Yes, you can thin DiamondFinish Clear 5-30% with KBS #1 Thinner
for spray applications.
Q: Can DiamondFinish Clear be used over water based paint?
A: Yes, DiamondFinish Clear can be painted over a water based paint as long as that coating is fully cured. As always, do a small inconspicuous test area first.
Q: What is the best way to store this after you open the can? Is this a moisture cured urethane
A: Here is what we recommend:
Dispense a working amount of DiamondFinish Clear into a separate container (steel or glass is best) and seal original can immediately. Keep can groove free of paint by using a scoop or KBS Paint Spout. Use plastic wrap between the lid and the top of the can to stop metal to metal contact as DiamondFinish Clear can permanently seal the lid. Unused paint should NEVER be put back into the can as it will shorten can shelf life and cause pressure build-up possibly popping the lid. If there is any trouble resealing the can lid tightly, transfer and store DiamondFinish Clear in a proportionally sized clean glass jar or new paint can. Always store in a cool dry place.
Q: Can this be applied over rusted metal? I have some vintage items that are painted and have rusted areas wich Iwould like to try and preserve as they are.
A: Yes, you can apply DiamondFinish Clear over rusted metal to keep that vintage look. You can even lightly sand the DiamondFinish Clear with steel wool once it has cured to take some of the gloss away.
Q: Can DiamondFinish Clear be applied over hydrographics?
A: Yes, as long as the hydrographic is completely cured, DiamondFinish Clear will go over it. We have had several customers use DiamondFinish Clear over hydrographics on helmets. As always, do a test area first.
Q: Will this product adhere to a plastic like a hard hat?
Also, will it go over vinyl stickers without harming them?
A: Yes, DiamondFinish Clear almost always adheres very well to plastics especially high solids plastics. And Yes, DiamondFinish Clear almost always goes over vinyl stickers really well and protects the sticker. This is a very common application. As always, test an inconspicuous area first.
Q: Will the clear coat chip?
A: Once fully cured, the DiamondFinish Clear is virtually chip-proof under even extreme circumstances.
Q: I would like to apply Diamond Clear over clean weathered paint with light rust showing ("patina"). Is this an appropriate product for this and if so, what prep is recommended?
A: Yes, this is a common application. Wipe down the surface with a 1 part KBS Klean to 9 parts water solution. If you desire a more satin finish, you can hit the surface with steel wool after the DiamondFinish Clear has cured for 24 hours.
Q: Can this product be used as a spray?
Yes, you can spray DiamondFinish Clear. When spraying, 10%-15% is normally adequate. DiamondFinish can be thinned up to 30%. Use KBS #1 Thinner
. When spraying: Spray pressure of 35-45 psi, 250-330 kpa for siphon/pot guns and 25-35psi, 170-250 kpa for gravity/top container guns. Complete directions can be found here
Q: Can this product be used on industrial equipment? Are there any restrictions from using this in food processing areas (non-food contact)?
A: Yes, DiamondFinish Clear is used all of the time on industrial equipment. DiamondFinish Clear is completely non-toxic once cured so it can be used on non-food contact areas.
Q: can this be used on carbon fibre ?
A: Yes, the DiamondFinish Clear can be used on carbon fiber. Clean the surface with KBS Klean diluted 10 parts warm water to 1 part KBS Klean. Scuff with 600-1200 grit sandpaper and and repeat cleaning process. Rinse & allow to thoroughly dry.
Q: Can you brush Diamond Finish on Epoxy Resin? If so, would you have to sand the resin first so the clear coat will bond?
A: Yes, you can coat over an epoxy resin with DiamondFInish Clear. Just scuff up the epoxy resin with 300 grit to prep the surface. As always, do a test area first.
Q: the topcoat is peeling off of my hood on my car, could I lightly sand it and apply this on top of the areas? do you think it would stop the peeling?
Yes, you can lightly sand the area making sure you remove any loose paint. Then clean the area with KBS Klean
and coat it with DiamondFinish Clear.
Q: I want to paint some f250 wheels black and clearcoat with the diamond finish clear, what size would I need?
A: A pint of DiamondFinish Clear should be enough and a quart would easily cover the wheels with 2 coats.